Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting relief workers in Squamish to work various shifts. You will work with a young school age female child who has special needs and has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and various other conditions.
This position requires a high energy, very enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. It is a great opportunity to increase your skills while working in a fast paced environment with a highly knowledgeable, dynamic team.
· Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field.
· Experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities or autism.
· B.C. Driver's License is required .
· First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates an asset.
· Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
· Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing.
· Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community.
· Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism.
· Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment.
· Good understanding of crisis management.
· Fluent English verbal and writing skills.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter.
Home Share - Salary: To be discussed
Hollyburn Family Services is looking for a home share provider in the Lower Mainland to open his/her own home and care for an adult with developmental disabilities.
Experience working/providing care for adults with disabilities is a must. The provider also must have mental health and behavioral support experience.
The provider is expected to assist with meal preparation.
Candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License. They also must be able to pass a driver’s abstract and criminal record check. A current First Aid and CPR Certification would be an asset.
Please respond in writing and provide at least three (3) professional references.
If you feel you are able to provide a safe, nurturing environment, please forward a cover letter and resume.
Full Time - $20.19/hr
Behavioural Support Worker – North Vancouver
Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting for a Behavioural Support Worker position for a 2-bed respite residential home, located in North Vancouver. You will work with school-age children and youth who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder plus other concurrent mental disorders. Shifts are 24 hrs, 3 consecutive days per week. Candidates should be willing to work weekends.
This position requires a high energy, very enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude, willing to work with highly aggressive behaviours and children needing care 24/7.
· 2 year Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Child Psychology or related field.
· At least 1 year of experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities and autism.
· At least 1 year of experience working in a residential environment.
· Valid Class 5 Driver's License required .
· First Aid/CPR certificate an asset.
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training an asset.
· Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism needs and risk assessment and a good understanding of crisis management.
· Must demonstrate experience dealing with children with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues.
· Must demonstrate emergency response skills and good decision making in dealing with safety issues and with manic/aggressive episodes if required.
· Must demonstrate effective counselling skills, mediation and negotiation skills and conflict resolution skills.
· Must demonstrate the ability to interact with external stakeholders in an effective manner.
· Possess fluent English verbal and writing skills.
· Possess initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
· Be able to multitask; balancing client needs with administrative duties.
Benefits: Employer premium paid BC Medical, extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance and sick leave. A Registered Retirement Savings Plan is also available whereby the employer matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary. Competitive vacation package.