Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting relief workers in Squamish to work various Saturday shifts. You will work with children with special needs who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This position requires a high energy, very enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. It is a great opportunity to increase your skills while working in a fast paced environment with a highly knowledgeable, dynamic team.
Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field.
Experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities or autism.
B.C. Driver's License is required .
First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certificates an asset.
Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing.
Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community.
Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism.
Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment.
Good understanding of crisis management.
Fluent English verbal and writing skills.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter.
Home Share - To be discussed
Hollyburn Family Services is looking for a home share provider in the Lower Mainland to open his/her own home and care for an adult with developmental disabilities.
Experience working/providing care for adults with disabilities is a must. The provider also must have mental health and behavioral support experience.
The provider is expected to assist with meal preparation.
Candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License. They also must be able to pass a driver’s abstract and criminal record check. A current First Aid and CPR Certification would be an asset.
Please respond in writing and provide at least three (3) professional references.
If you feel you are able to provide a safe, nurturing environment, please forward a cover letter and resume by August 22, 2016.
Contract - To be discussed
Hollyburn Family Services is looking for a long term home share provider in the North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby or North Burnaby area to open his/her own home and care for a male youth. We are looking for a semi-independent suite.
The youth requires support in routine and daily structure, but he is a 17 year old, high functioning youth, who attends school and has a part time job. Ideally, the youth would be able to stay at the home share beyond the age of 19. This can be a great secondary income for someone who holds a job since the client requires guidance, boundaries and a loving and supporting environment. Children and pets are OK.
If you feel you are able to provide a safe, nurturing environment, please forward a cover letter and resume to Neena Gopal at email@example.com by October 7, 2016.
Full Time - $4,000-$5,000/month Based on Experience
North Vancouver – Full Time
Hollyburn Family Services is responsible for the day-to-day health and well-being of children, youths or adults with a variety of mental health issues, FASD and/or non-verbal learning disorders. We are looking to add a full time Payroll Administrator to our growing team!
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll Administrator works according to established schedules and procedures and has overall responsibility for the timely processing of semi-monthly payroll for 450 employees utilizing ADP Pay@Work (soon to be transitioning to Payworks) and QuickBooks as well as assisting with accounts payable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare and process payroll as required including compiling, processing and verifying the necessary information in order to document new employment, salary adjustments, overtime, transfers and termination of employees
· Administer time sheets and payroll forms to ensure accuracy and completeness
· Maintain records of employees’ leave entitlements such as vacation, sick time, banked time, maternity and workers’ compensation and provide Human Resources with monthly compilation reports.
· Compile data and statistics for company reports concerning payroll related issues and prepare reports and remittances required by government agencies.
· Perform a variety of calculations such as overtime averaging, severance pay, retroactive pay, leave without pay, end of season bonus, gross up, etc.
· Perform related duties such as posting entries to general ledger, verifying forms for accuracy, compiling information for special reports
· Provide customer service to employees in the area of pay, benefit and tax deductions
· Work with Human Resources and other departments to streamline payroll processes to improve payroll cycles and reduce errors.
· Key contributor to the payroll team ensuring consistent and standardized processes and internal controls are adhered to, and payroll best practices are identified and applied across the team
· Assists and cross trains team members in payroll time processing, specific area(s) of expertise and other payroll updates/changes
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Canadian Payroll Association Certificate (an asset) or related education in payroll management.
· Extensive experience in the operation of a payroll system and related tools or other payroll operations that support tax and reporting compliance requirements.
· Demonstrate knowledge of payroll concepts, legislation and terminology.
· Experience with the accumulation of leave entitlements and monitoring usage.
· Experience with health benefit deductions as related to payroll.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Organizational and time management skills – ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong customer focus and relations.
· Must be flexible and adaptable.
· Team player and supportive of staff, contractors, practicum students and volunteers.
· Ability to use discretionary judgment and maintain confidentiality.
Additional Comments: To apply send a cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates who express interest in this role however only those who qualify will be contacted. Compensation: $4,000 to $5,000 per month based on experience. Excellent benefit package is provided.
Part Time - $18.00/hr
North Vancouver, Head Office – Part Time
Hollyburn Family Services is responsible for the day-to-day health and well-being of children, youths or adults with a variety of mental health issues, FASD and/or non-verbal learning disorder. We are looking to add a motivated, part time Accounts Payable clerk to our growing team! The role would be two or three days per week to start, but may lead to full time for the right candidate.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Full cycle accounts payable
• Verify transactions, complying with company policies and procedures
• Prepare invoices for data-entry and new vendor set-ups
• Resolution of invoice discrepancies
• Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
• Accounts Payable reports as required by management
• Coordination among key staff to expedite critical payment
• Certification or Diploma is preferred. Candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
• Experience with complex and high volume AP
• Working experience of QuickBooks
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office Programs
• High level of accuracy; Proficiency in data entry
• Sharp analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective communication skills, written and oral
• General understanding of accounting principles and practices
• Discretion and trustworthiness due to handling of confidential information
• Team Building Skills
• Time Management Skills
• Effective organisational Skills
• Critical thinking
• Self-motivated, focused individual with the ability to learn quickly and with minimal supervision
• Ability to identify and recommend process improvement solutions
To apply send a cover letter and resume by March 31, 2017.
We thank all candidates who express interest in this role, however, only those qualified will be contacted. Compensation: $18.00 per hour.