Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting relief workers in Squamish to work various Saturday shifts. You will work with children with special needs who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This position requires a high energy, very enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude. It is a great opportunity to increase your skills while working in a fast paced environment with a highly knowledgeable, dynamic team.
Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field.
Experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities or autism.
B.C. Driver's License is required .
First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certificates an asset.
Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing.
Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community.
Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism.
Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment.
Good understanding of crisis management.
Fluent English verbal and writing skills.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter.
Home Share - To be discussed
Hollyburn Family Services is looking for a home share provider in the Lower Mainland to open his/her own home and care for an adult with developmental disabilities.
Experience working/providing care for adults with disabilities is a must. The provider also must have mental health and behavioral support experience.
The provider is expected to assist with meal preparation.
Candidates must possess a valid Driver’s License. They also must be able to pass a driver’s abstract and criminal record check. A current First Aid and CPR Certification would be an asset.
Please respond in writing and provide at least three (3) professional references.
If you feel you are able to provide a safe, nurturing environment, please forward a cover letter and resume.
Full Time - $20.19/hr
Behavioural Support Worker – North Vancouver
Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting for a Behavioural Support Worker position for a 2-bed respite residential home, located in North Vancouver. You will work with school-age children and youth who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder plus other concurrent mental disorders. Shifts are 24 hrs, 3 consecutive days per week. Candidates should be willing to work weekends.
This position requires a high energy, very enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude, willing to work with highly aggressive behaviours and children needing care 24/7.
· 2 year Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Child Psychology or related field.
· At least 1 year of experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities and autism.
· At least 1 year of experience working in a residential environment.
· Valid Class 5 Driver's License required .
· First Aid/CPR certificate an asset.
· Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training an asset.
· Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism needs and risk assessment and a good understanding of crisis management.
· Must demonstrate experience dealing with children with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues.
· Must demonstrate emergency response skills and good decision making in dealing with safety issues and with manic/aggressive episodes if required.
· Must demonstrate effective counselling skills, mediation and negotiation skills and conflict resolution skills.
· Must demonstrate the ability to interact with external stakeholders in an effective manner.
· Possess fluent English verbal and writing skills.
· Possess initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
· Be able to multitask; balancing client needs with administrative duties.
· Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing.
· Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community.
· Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism.
· Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment.
· Good understanding of crisis management.
Benefits: Employer premium paid BC Medical, extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance and sick leave. A Registered Retirement Savings Plan is also available whereby the employer matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary. Competitive vacation package.